Name of Project: SMART Corridor
- El Camino Real: SR 92 westbound ramps to 37th Avenue.
- Hillsdale Boulevard: Norfolk Street to West Sailer.
- Franklin Parkway: Saratoga Drive to US 101 southbound ramps.
- Saratoga Drive: Delaware Street to East Hillsdale Blvd.
- Delaware Street: Concar Drive to Saratoga Drive.
- Concar Drive: Delaware to SR 92 off-ramp.
Expected to Commence: October 4, 2010
Expected to Finish: June 2011
Work Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
Short Description of Work: The project involves installing an intelligent transportation system (ITS) on San Mateo’s local roadways for incident management on Highway 101 between SR 92 and Hillsdale Boulevard.
Benefits of Work: The project provides relief in that case of an accident on Highway 101 between SR 92 and Hillsdale Boulevard. The system will also help direct traffic to relieve congestion to the San Mateo Event Center for scheduled events. The project will also upgrade traffic signal control centers at city owned and maintained intersections.
Expected Impacts: Impacts may include minor traffic delays during construction
St. Francis Electric
Gary Heap, Senior Engineer