CDD Management Audit Implementation Roadmap Updates
In April 2014, the City Council approved the Community Development Department Management Audit Implementation Roadmap. An
update on the status of implementation is now available
Planning Application Notices via Email
You now have the ability to receive an email whenever a notice is sent out regarding a planning application. Sign Up Today
The Community Development Department (CDD for short!) strives to ensure a quality built environment, healthy neighborhoods and a strong economic base in the City.
This department has 4 divisions that provide services to the residents and business-owners in San Mateo.
- Building Division
- ensures development projects are designed and constructed according to the most recent adopted code standards;
- enforces building, plumbing, mechanical, electrical installations and accessibility and energy compliance;
- maintains accurate property and permit records;
- performs damage assessments of all structures in the event of an emergency or disaster.
- Code Enforcement: Works in partnership with the residents and business owners to promote, preserve, and maintain attractive neighborhoods and commercial areas.
- Neighborhood Improvement & Housing
- maintains quality neighborhoods and builds new affordable housing through local and federal funds;
- enforces codes related to property maintenance, zoning and nuisances;
- administers many Housing Programs and Community Grant Programs.
- Planning Division
- provides design review to residents and business owners constructing new buildings or remodeling existing buildings;
- maintains the City's zoning code;
- performs long-range planning for the future of San Mateo through the General Plan.