Planning Application Notices via Email!
You now have the ability to receive an email whenever a notice is sent out regarding a planning application. Sign Up Today
Welcome to the Community Development Department (CDD for short!) where we strive to ensure a quality built environment, healthy neighborhoods and a strong economic base in the City.
This department has 4 divisions that provide services to the residents and business-owners in San Mateo.
- Building Division is responsible for:
- ensuring that development projects are designed and constructed according to the most recent adopted code standards;
- enforcing building, plumbing, mechanical, electrical installations and accessibility and energy compliance;
- maintaining accurate property and permit records;
- and performing damage assessments of all structures in the event of an emergency or disaster.
- Code Enforcement: Works in partnership with the residents and business owners to promote, preserve, and maintain attractive neighborhoods and commercial areas.
- Neighborhood Improvement & Housing is responsible for:
- maintaining quality neighborhoods and build new affordable housing through local and federal funds;
- enforcing codes related to property maintenance, zoning and nuisances;
- and administers many Housing Programs and Community Grant Programs.
- Planning Division is responsible for:
- providing design review to residents and business owners constructing new buildings or remodeling existing buildings;
- maintaining the City's zoning code;
- and performing long-range planning for the future of San Mateo through the General Plan.