Swimming is a great way to be active and stay in shape, as you work every part of your body. Through swimming, you will:
- Build endurance.
- Increase muscle strength.
- Create a great cardio-vascular fitness routine.
- Exercise with very little strain on your joints!
We offer a number of different swim programs including recreation swim times and adult swim lessons by certified instructors.
Joinville Swim Center
2111 Kehoe Avenue
The Joinville Swim Center is open for the summer season and offers youth swim lessons, recreational swimming, birthday parties and pool rentals. Its amenities include:
- 2 swimming pools – a larger, 6-lane pool 4 ½ feet to 6 feet deep and a smaller shallow water training pool 2 feet to 3 ½ feet deep.
- Handicapped stairs and lift.
- Heated locker rooms and showers with handicapped accessible shower and bathrooms.
- Lawn and deck space as well as a patio with tables and chairs.
- Multi-purpose room with weight equipment.
King Swim Center
725 Monte Diablo
King Swim Center is open for the summer season and offers youth swim lessons, recreational swimming and pool rentals. The following are the facility amenities:
- 2 swimming pools:
- 5 lane 25 yard pool 3 feet to 9 feet deep
- 20 foot by 16 foot training pool from 1 ½ to 3 ½ feet deep.
- Heated locker rooms and showers, and lockers.
- Spacious deck area with tables and chairs.
- A convenient children’s playground located in the park, just outside of the pool.
Parkside Aquatic Park
Located on the corner of Roberta and Seal Street
Parkside Aquatic Park is open year round from sunrise to sundown with the Harbor Patrol Office and Boating Concessions open seasonally from Memorial Day through September. Parkside Aquatic has the following amenities:
- Bathroom facilities
- Roped-off swim area
- Beach and park area
- Playground apparatus
- Boat launch
There is no lifeguard at Parkside Aquatic Park so be sure to monitor your children carefully.